Hey, to get a little sidetracked here, I forgot to tell you that the round wine bottle (called Bocksbeutel in Germany and thank you Katrin for reminding me) is my dad's wine. Him and his buddies have a little hobby and that is making wine. It's really good. And my childhood art teacher (click HERE to see his work as an artist) who is also their neighbor and friend drew the label for the bottles. Isn't it cool?
Let's get back to the Cowtan & Tout Bamboo "wallpaper"...
Hmm, I cheated it's not wallpaper...and I know some of you guessed correct. You just know me too well already. It's a pattern drawn again with a sharpie! There was that certain Sharpie look that gave it away, wasn't there?
Let me explain what I did:
- I recreated the pattern in Illustrator and printed out several sheets.
- Then I taped the papers together to create one large piece of pattern.
- I removed the piece of wood form the back of the shelf, painted it white and placed my paper with the pattern on it.
- Then I used transfer paper under the pattern print-out and traced the pattern.
- After that all I had to do is follow along the traced lines with my gold Sharpie and a ruler.
- At the end I sealed everything with a clear Satin spray.
So all that's needed is a pattern print-out, a Sharpie, a ruler, transfer paper, pencil and clear spray!
Sorry but the photos aren't that great. It was dark and rainy when I tried to take the photos.
It took a pretty long time but I think it was worth it. Don't you agree?
And just because I wanted to share the goodies with you, I decided to have a FREE printable for you. My blog has been growing and I wanted to show you guys how much I appreciate all of you who read along.
So if you want to make something with this pattern, all you have to do is click HERE (I hope it works, let me know if it doesn't) for your free download of the pattern (don't forget to overlap and tape the print outs together). Just please give me a shout out on your blog if you create something with it and pass along where you got the idea from, ok? That would be so appreciated.
I wish all of you a wonderful weekend and don't forget to stop in again on Monday.